Leander Personal Injury Lawyer
An injury or accident shouldn’t bankrupt you while you’re trying to heal. If someone else was responsible, a Leander injury lawyer can help you recover the full compensation you’re due.
Whether you were hurt in an automobile accident or bitten by someone’s dog, serious injuries can make your life both complicated and stressful.
Physical limitations, financial burdens, and psychological trauma can all be difficult to handle, especially if they were caused by someone else’s negligence. If this is your situation, you can file a personal injury lawsuit against the liable party.
However, doing so will not be a walk in the park. A trained professional is needed to handle the complicated legal road ahead, and an experienced Leander personal injury lawyer from Colley Firm P.C. can protect your rights and help you recover full compensation for your losses.
Any Accident Injury Might Qualify
As long as your catastrophic injury was caused by someone else’s carelessness or misconduct, you might have grounds for a personal injury case. However, in order to recover compensation, you must first prove how he or she was at fault.
An injury lawyer from our firm will know how to investigate your accident and build a compelling case. These are just a few of the accident types that we have experience with:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – Car, truck, motorcycle, and bus accidents can all entitle you to compensation, but getting the insurance company to treat your claim fairly is rarely easy.
- Premises Liability – Any accident that resulted from a property owner’s negligence, such as a slip-and-fall or canine attack, should make that individual or business liable for your losses.
- Product Liability – Defective products can cause serious injuries. The manufacturer distributor, advertiser, or retailer could be responsible depending on where in the chain the defect occurred.
- Medical Malpractice – Injuries resulting from the carelessness or incompetence of doctors, nurses, pharmacists, hospitals, and other licensed healthcare providers should be compensated.
- Construction and Oilfield Accidents – Work accidents are not uncommon. Electrocutions, explosions, malfunctioning equipment, and falls might entitle you to more than just work comp if your accident meets the necessary criteria.
Calculating the Value of Your Compensation
In order to avoid an inadequate settlement, it’s important to know that determining the value of a claim goes beyond just the obvious losses.
You should receive more than just the cost of your medical bills, lost wages, and property damage. All of the ways that your injuries have impacted your life need to be accounted for, including your future needs:
- Medical expenses, present and future
- Lost income and future earnings
- Physical and emotional therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Decreased enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress
Insurance companies will often leave out many of these losses when offering a settlement. They do this intentionally in order to lower their costs, as they hope to talk you into accepting the lowest settlement possible.
Contact a Leander Injury Attorney
Recovering from a serious injury isn’t easy, and you have more important things to focus on than the insurance company’s games. At Colley Firm P.C., we provide invaluable support to our clients and will never stop fighting for full compensation.
To speak with a Leander personal injury lawyer from our firm, contact us at 1-877-411-2001 or complete our online form below to schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation.