Austin PTSD Lawyer
When PTSD sets in after an accident, it can begin to control your life. Take back some control by working with an Austin PTSD attorney.
Anyone involved in a violent accident or attack can suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and it’s as real as any physical injury. It can affect the way you interact with friends and family, how you sleep and work, and nearly every other aspect of your life.
If you have PTSD as a result of an accident that wasn’t your fault, you might feel nervous and stressed continuously, despite no longer being in danger. For that kind of suffering, you deserve compensation.
The people responsible for the trauma that led to this disorder should be held accountable. With the help of an Austin PTSD lawyer from the Colley Firm, P.C., you’ll stand a good chance of winning the financial support you need through your personal injury claim.
PTSD victims often show symptoms within a few months. Medical professionals may diagnose a person with PTSD if he or she exhibits symptoms from four categories.
- Recurring Symptoms – Flashbacks, bad dreams, and frightening thoughts
- Avoidance Symptoms – Avoiding places, situations, objects, or events that remind you of the trauma, such as avoiding driving after a car accident, as well as avoiding your own thoughts and feelings linked to the event
- Arousal and Reactivity Symptoms – Trouble eating, sleeping, and concentrating, as well as being easily startled, feeling nervous or tense constantly, having trouble with daily tasks, and experiencing angry outbursts
- Cognition and Mood Symptoms – Difficulty remembering specifics of the traumatic encounter, detrimental thoughts about yourself and the world around you, warped feelings of guilt, and disinterest in things you used to enjoy
PTSD Causes and Who’s at Fault
Anyone who experiences any physical or emotional trauma can develop PTSD. Our veterans are the most well-known victims of this disorder, but many other people are diagnosed each day.
Car accidents are one of the most common causes of PTSD, but any accident can cause it. Other sources of emotional trauma include the following:
Finding the cause will lead your Austin emotional trauma lawyer to who is at fault, which is one of the most important aspects of a successful personal injury claim.
We’ll investigate the accident or event that induced your emotional trauma to pinpoint the cause and determine who is at fault.
PTSD isn’t a physical ailment, but that doesn’t make it any less debilitating or real. You may feel estranged from friends, family members, and coworkers, diminishing your ability to work. You’ll likely need expensive but necessary counseling, as well.
Your Austin PTSD claim lawyer make clear how your accident has affected you and fight for the compensation you deserve, including the following PTSD damages:
- Psychological treatment costs
- Wage losses
- Emotional distress
- Loss of companionship
- Reduced quality of life
Reach Out to an Austin PTSD Attorney
You shouldn’t have to deal with PTSD at all, but if someone else’s negligence caused the accident that led to your PTSD, you didn’t have a choice in the matter. One bit of good news is that you may be eligible for compensation if you find yourself in these or similar circumstances.
Put a stop to the injustice you’re suffering by working with an Austin PTSD lawyer from the Colley Firm, P.C. We’ll work tirelessly to help you regain your financial security and emotional wellbeing. Call us at 1-877-411-2001 or enter your information below to schedule a free consultation.