Working for justice, one client at a time

  • No pressure to continue beyond the consult
  • Consultation is 100 percent free of charge
  • Work with an experienced legal specialist

Awards & Recognitions


  • $3,000,000

    Defective car
    seat injury

  • $2,500,000

    Auto Defect resulting
    in death

  • $3,000,000

    defective prescription

  • $1,600,000

    Motorcycle injury

Recent Case Results


Defective Car Seat Injury


Auto Defect resulting in death


defective prescription


Motorcycle injury

1 Step 1
Need Help?

Free Case Review

Nameyour full name
Phoneyour full name
Briefly describe your casemore details
0 /
FormCraft - WordPress form builder

Related Articles

Questions to Ask a Lawyer After a Car Accident

As common as car accidents are, most people still don’t know quite what to do after a car accident. You might suffer injuries and vehicle damage, and holding the negligent parties responsible is important. But how exactly do you do that?

Fortunately, a Texas car accident lawyer from the Colley Firm, PC can answer these or any other questions you might need help with.

If the other driver’s insurance company asks for a statement, should I provide one?

If you can help it, never provide a statement to anyone before speaking with a lawyer. Politely refuse and tell them you’ll be contacting them at a later point. Don’t sign any statements or documents or accept any settlement offers before running them by your attorney first.

I didn’t have any immediate pain, so I didn’t go to the hospital. Can I still file a claim?

Delayed pain is common in lower-speed car accidents. It might take several days to develop, and when it does, you need to visit a doctor. Keep a post-accident journal of the steps you take, the pain you experience, your costs, and every other detail to share with your lawyer.

What can I be compensated for after a car accident?

You can seek compensation for the following damages, among others:

  • Medical costs
  • Lost income
  • Property damage
  • Pain and suffering
  • Emotional distress
  • Loss of consortium

Who do I file a claim with in Texas?

Texas is an “at-fault” state, which means you can seek compensation from three sources, depending on the circumstances:

  1. Your own insurance company
  2. The other driver’s insurer
  3. The at-fault individual directly

I might have been partially responsible for the accident. Can I still seek compensation?

Yes, although it may be reduced. Texas uses modified comparative fault rules when handling personal injury cases. As long as you are less than 50 percent at fault, you can still recover money for damages, although it’s reduced by the same percentage.

If, for example, you’re awarded $100,000 but are found to be 20 percent at fault, you’ll only receive $80,000.

If I was hurt in a vehicle accident, should I hire a lawyer?

Yes. And you should choose one who is familiar with car accident cases in Texas, is compatible with you, and understands your goals. You’ll find qualified and experienced Texas car accident lawyers at the Colley Firm, PC. We’ll tirelessly fight for justice and maximum compensation.

We offer a free, no-obligation consultation, which you can schedule by calling us at 1-877-411-2001 or filling out the form below.