Working for justice, one client at a time

  • No pressure to continue beyond the consult
  • Consultation is 100 percent free of charge
  • Work with an experienced legal specialist

Awards & Recognitions


  • $3,000,000

    Defective car
    seat injury

  • $2,500,000

    Auto Defect resulting
    in death

  • $3,000,000

    defective prescription

  • $1,600,000

    Motorcycle injury

Recent Case Results


Defective Car Seat Injury


Auto Defect resulting in death


defective prescription


Motorcycle injury

1 Step 1
Need Help?

Free Case Review

Nameyour full name
Phoneyour full name
Briefly describe your casemore details
0 /
FormCraft - WordPress form builder

Related Articles

How to Get an Accident Report

When you or someone you love is involved in a car accident, it may be helpful to have a copy of the accident report. However, not everyone knows how to get an accident report from the state of Texas. In some cases, it is as simple as going online and requesting one. In other cases, it may be more difficult. Much of the answer to this question involves who you are and when you want the report.

Texas Car Accident Reports Filed by Police

When drivers are in car accidents and the accident report is filed by an officer of the law, the report is called a CR-3. Once it is available, you can retrieve the report from the online reporting system. There is a small processing fee involved and not all reports can be obtained this way.

If you find that you cannot get this report online, you may need to go down to the office that holds the county or city records and ask for a copy of the report. Just keep in mind that it may take some time to obtain it.

Texas Car Accident Reports Filed by Drivers

When the crash is not reported by a police officer, in certain cases a driver is required by Texas law to fill out a CR-2 within ten days of the accident. If the damage has been estimated at over $1,000 or if someone was injured or died, you need to fill out a CR-2. To get a copy of this report, you can simply make one when you file the original.

Which Report Is Better?

For the purposes of legal proceedings, it is almost always better to have a CR-3. This report should not contain any kind of bias, but should contain all the information necessary to document your car accident. It also demonstrates that you took the situation seriously enough to call the police before moving on.

This is one reason why even if you don't think the accident is all that serious, it's still a good idea to report it to the police immediately and wait until they arrive before you leave the scene.

Why You Need Experienced Car Accident Lawyers

If you or someone you love has been in a car accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, the experienced lawyers at Colley Firm P.C. can make sure you get the reports and other information necessary for your case.

It can be difficult navigating this process and gathering all the data, especially if you are also trying to deal with injuries. Contact us online or call us toll-free at 1-844-325-9290 for a free case evaluation so we can help.