Car Accident Lawyer
On Texas' busy roads, auto accidents are a common sight, but you don’t have to suffer in silence like so many other victims. Ask a car crash lawyer how you can recover fair compensation for your damages.
Even a minor car accident can have serious consequences, causing extensive damage to your car, whiplash, and loads of recovery time. When you have a high-speed accident, the resulting injuries can easily be fatal.
If you have had a severe crash, you likely need help getting back on your feet. Facing serious injuries, dishonest insurance companies, and growing medical expenses, it can be difficult and frustrating to try to win full compensation on your own. That’s why you need to call a car accident lawyer at our firm.
No matter how severe your collision was, we’re here to help you through this difficult time. We know how difficult dealing with insurance companies can be, but we’ll fight to make sure you get the proper care and compensation you deserve. We’re ready to seek justice for your injuries.
Serious Injuries in Car Accidents
A high-speed car accident can leave you struggling with devastating injuries. Even with functioning seat belts and airbags, you may be stuck in the hospital for a long time as you get on the road to recovery.
When you’re in a serious accident, you need someone on your side who takes your injuries seriously, especially because many auto injuries can have a permanent impact on your life. Without a proper settlement, you could be paying for many injuries out of pocket long after your accident. These injuries include following:
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) – When a vehicle comes to a sudden, violent halt, your body, including your internal organs, moves with the force of the stop and the impact. When this happens, the trauma to the brain can cause devastating injuries that may leave you permanently disabled or struggling to maintain the quality of life you once had.
- Spinal Injury – While the spinal cord itself is protected by bone, an impact can damage or sever the essential nerves here. As a result, you could be permanently paralyzed from the point of the damage downward. Recovering any functionality after this injury is often near impossible.
- Broken Bones – While a broken bone is not necessarily life-threatening, it can be intensely painful. Serious fractures may even require surgery. At best, a broken bone in the arm or leg can make it impossible to work for some time.
- Internal Bleeding – In the same way the brain is injured in a collision, the internal organs may experience trauma or continued motion during the accident. While the seat belt and airbags can prevent some of the damage, you may be left with internal bleeding, which can be fatal if not treated quickly enough.
- Crushing Injuries Leading to Amputations – In some especially devastating auto wrecks, you could see crushing damage from the impact. If it’s serious enough, an amputation may be necessary. This can leave you with not just trouble with mobility or function, but severe emotional trauma.
Dealing with Insurance Companies After Your Crash
Unfortunately, no matter how serious your injuries are, you may see trouble from the insurance companies. Insurance companies will use all available tactics to protect their profits, meaning they’ll work hard to make it so they don’t have to compensate you.
At the end of the day, insurance companies are businesses, and they need to make a profit. Texas is a “fault” state, meaning that the person at fault for the crash is responsible for the victim’s damages, so you can expect a fight from the at-fault driver’s insurer.
Because they have investors to keep happy, insurers don’t want to dole out a large settlement. They’ll use various dishonest tactics to keep from paying out your settlement, including the following:
- Lowballing your settlement estimate
- Using any statements from you to hurt your car crash claim
- Delaying your case
- Simply not responding to you
If you are expecting a large settlement, you will almost certainly have trouble getting what you’re owed. These tactics are meant to make you desperate. The longer you have to wait without a settlement, the more likely you’ll be to take whatever the insurer offers. Insurance companies will also attempt to place fault on you. If they can pin even half the blame on you, you could have your court case dismissed.
Be sure you know what your claim is worth and make sure you’re ready to go to court for your compensation. For many car wreck victims, this is the best way to get the funds necessary to get back to normal.
The Compensation You Deserve After an Auto Crash
Knowing what your claim is worth is key to your case’s success and getting the fair compensation you deserve. Having a car accident lawyer help calculate your damages, both economic and non-economic, can help you get your life back on track.
Calculating non-economic damages can be complicated. After all, something that doesn’t have a clear cost is difficult to quantify, and pain is especially subjective. Your attorney, however, will be able to calculate this for you, giving you a fair estimate based on the effect your suffering has had on your quality of life.
Be sure to remember your accident claim should not just cover the damages that immediately occurred. For example, a severe injury can leave you disabled for the rest of your life, unable to work or provide for yourself. You may also have future medical expenses expected to stem from your injuries—be sure to consider the lasting effects of your accident before you file.
Keep all kinds of damages in mind, from your vehicle’s damage to the emotional trauma or suffering you will experience as a result of this traumatizing event. While monetary compensation can’t undo all the damage, it can provide the financial peace of mind your family needs during such a painful time.
Contact aCar Accident Attorney
Sometimes, getting the compensation you deserve is no easy task. From managing your injuries and expenses to fighting the insurance company for your rightful compensation, you could spend too much time in court and buried in paperwork and not enough time letting yourself heal after the crash.
Our firm can take some of the burden of an auto wreck claim off of your shoulders. We understand that recovering fair compensation is difficult, and when you need help, we’re here to fight for you. Your claim is a chance to get what you need to heal, and we want to protect that. Acting quickly will be key to getting the compensation you need, and our firm can help.
At the Colley Firm, PC, we know what you can expect from a car crash case. From calculating what your claim is really worth to fighting for your compensation in court, we’re prepared to be by your side every step of the way.
If you are interested or would like more information, give us a call. We will consult with you, free of contracts or fees, before you ever decide to work with us. We want you to know that we’re the right law firm for you before you sign a thing. For your free consultation, reach out to a car accident lawyer. We can be reached at 1-877-411-2001, or you can fill out our online contact form below.
Colley Firm P.C. Client Review:
Mr. Colley and his staff worked so very hard on my behalf to achieve a win that otherwise looked grim and unpromising. After telling my twisted tale, Mr.Colley with a smile accepted the challenge, and a challenge it was. I watched the Master work his magic, I was completely impressed and satisfied with the outcome achieved by this well oiled machine. His staff is top notch and was very accommodating, I always felt welcome and was always treated like I was client number one. I highly recommend this law firm for anytime that you need a WINNER!
- Raul Alonso